A dangerous journey

 

It was a very quiet Saturday afternoon for King when the phone rang. Sally answered the phone, it was Yuri.
"Boss, she said as she called King it's your friend, Miss Yuri!"
"What does she want, Sally?" replied King.
"I don't know, Miss King, she only said it was something important," was the waitress's reply.
"All right." "Troubles are approaching," she thought, "I'm coming."

 

"Hi Yuri! This's King. Can I help you?"
"Yes Kingy, well you know, I've got a small problem. A friend of mine, a  girl who teaches in a comprehensive school should've accompanied her pupils to Shanghai tomorrow. But she caught a cold and since I know you're usually free on Sundays.... hem, I wondered whether you could take them there?"
"What? Are you crazy" was King's reply.
"Oh, come on , Kingy, they're only twelve children, they're bit talkative but they are good."
"What makes you think I'll accept, my dear Yuri?" King said.
"Well, Kingy you've always said you liked children, so I thought...."
"Ok, Yuri, I accept, King answered with a sigh.

 

On the following day King met Yuri and the twelve kids at the port of Southtown.
"Well here we're kids," said Yuri, "This's King, a very good friend of mine. She kindly accepted to take you to Shanghai. Be good with her, don't make her get angry, okay?"
"Okay!" they all replied.
"My goodness," thought King, "What have I done to deserve all this?" King faintly smiled and then she ironically whispered to Yuri: "You are a real friend!"

 

King and her little crew went on the ship which soon left the port of Southtown. The kids were really happy and they began to scream for joy.
"Hey kids, we're not alone on this ship, so don't scream and don't annoy the other passengers, ok?" King reproached them.
But she had talked in vain the twelve kids kept on running up and down. And all that King could say was: "Gosh, fighting against Shiva was much easier than dealing with these young typhoons!"

 

Anyway the journey was quietly proceeding. The children were so tired that they went to sleep in their cabins; And King thought she could relax at last. The sun was shining, the sea-gulls were flying high in the sky and Shanghai wasn't very far now. "After all," King thought, "It's not so bad, sooner or later I'll become a mother too."

 

All of a sudden she heard the kids cry and she ran towards their cabins. They were crying for help. King soon saw a few seconds later a group of blue clad masked men who were trying to kidnap the kids.
"Hey you, masked men, don't touch those children or else you'll taste my kicks!" King said to them.
"We don't fear you, woman, we're the Lin-Kuei ninjas. Leave us alone or else, we'll kill you!"

 

"Come on, fight against me, cowards, and leave those kids"
"You must be mad, woman you'll instantly die and Shang Tsung'll take both your soul and theirs. Let's attack her, hyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! "
The ninjas sheathed their swords and tried to hit King. King was quicker than all of them, she skidded their blades and began to counterattack. One by one the Lin Quei ninjas were hit by King's powerful and fast kicks and by her deadly punches. They all loudly moaned before collapsing on the ship deck. One of them managed to to say to her: "It's not over yet, our chief Sub-Zero is coming, he'll freeze your very soul ...  Look! he's already here ... " and he died.

 

King looked round and she noticed that a tall column made of water was hardening and was taking human shape. It was Sub-Zero, the leader of the Lin Quei clan! He was a mercenary warrior who was now at Shang Tsung's service in order to find his favour.

 

"You had been warned, woman." Sub Zero spoke as if his voice were coming from Nowhere Land. Actually he came from Outworld.
"Give me those kids, Shang Tsung needs their souls. Obey me or else I'll freeze your soul!!" His hollow voice was really frightening.

 

"You'll have to catch me first, Mr Fridge. And you kids, go below the deck!! Quickly!!" Sub-Zero began to launch big balls of freezing water against King who ran as fast as she could to avoid them. But since she hadn't recovered completely from her unlucky match against Michiko she was soon exhausted and Sub Zero's balls froze her legs. "I can't move!!" she said. "Of course, you can't! whahahaa!!" chuckled Sub-Zero. "And now I'm coming kids and nobody's here to save your souls. No S.O.S!! Shang Tsung's anxious to obtain your s........... arggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

But before he could finish his sentence his back was struck by a powerful lightning. The sky became cloudy, loud thunders were heard and a tall, white-clad man appeared on the ship deck. Sparkles of fire and powerful energy surrounded him. He was Raiden, god of thunder and lightning.

 

He remained silent for a moment then he solemnly spoke with an enraged voice: "THAT'S ENOUGH, SUBZERO!!!!!!!!!!  YOU'VE DONE AN ENORMOUS MISTAKE TODAY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DARED TOUCH MY FORE CHOSEN KIDS!!!! I'LL SHOW NO MERCY TOWARDS YOU "

 

"No, please, Lord Raiden, spare me I only obeyed Shang Tsung's orders" muttered a trembling Sub-Zero. "SHUT UP!!! FACE YOUR FATE" replied Raiden. "No,please, be merciful.... uaaaaaaaaghh!!!!!!!!!"
But it was all in vain Raiden struck him with his most powerful lightning and now Sub-Zero was nothing but water and cinder.

 

King was really shocked at that sight. She had never seen such a great power in her own life. The children came out of their hide and hugged Raiden with affection. Raiden blessed all of them, he sweetly smiled at them as a  mortal creature'd do. Then he turned towards King and freed her legs melting the ice with a powerful hot ray.

 

"Hem, Sir, I just want to thank you, you really saved us from a dark fate," King said to him. "I swear you I did all I could to defend these children."
"I know it King. You're the Lady of Muetai, aren't you?"
"Yes Sir, they call me thus."
"You're a brave and strong woman, I observed your highly remarkable fighting skills. You even did too much! These kids are my twelve pearls!"

 

The children were still frightened after all that had happened. Raiden noticed it and he made a shower of positive energy fall upon them. The children became instantly merry once again.

 

"Hey, Raiden, what did you do?" asked a puzzled King.
"Oh, nothing special. That ball of positive energy made them forget everything. I have to go now. Don't worry, you'll safely reach Shanghai. It has been a great honour for me to meet a fierce warrior like you, King. Good Bye, King. Goodbye, my precious pearls!!"
"Goodbye master Raiden" they replied in unison.

And he jumped high in the sky surrounded by clouds and lightnings and by his two female assistants, Wind and Rain and he disappeared.

 

 

King was still dumbfounded. All she could do was dialing Yuri's cell phone number and when she answered she said to her: "Yuri? This's King. Remember, from now onward I'm always busy on Sundays." And she hung up.

 

 

<< To previous series

To next series >>

 

 

Quick Navigation

 

 

You are my Visitor

 

If you have any request, suggestions, complaints, inquiries, or just like to share some information or goodies about King kindly please e-mail or page us through ICQ okay? Credits will be given for your great generosity!

 

[ Main page ] [ KingKOF ICQ#: 9126462 ] [ Page us by ICQ ]

[ E-Mail:kingkof@cheerful.com ] [ Submit Your Site to be added in Links Section ]